There is much to consider when you move to a new apartment home in Indianapolis. Following a smartly prepared list makes everything go smoother. It allows you to think of all the necessary steps, manage your time, and feel more in charge of the situation. To help make your ensuing relocation less stressful, we’ve compiled these essential tasks for your apartment moving checklist in Indianapolis.
8 Weeks Before Your Move: Get Prepared
Don’t procrastinate! Your moving day will be more stress-free the more in advance you begin preparing.
- Plan your steps. Utilize our recommendations to get started on your Indianapolis apartment moving checklist and add more things to it whenever you think of something.
- Notify your present property management team. Many agreements require a 60-day notice before you plan to leave.
- Understand your exiting requirements, such as cleaning and scheduling a walk-through. Add those tasks to your checklist.
6 Weeks Until Moving: Make Moving Day Plans
Now is the time to figure out the logistics for your moving day and recruit help.
- Finalize anything that’s still pending with your new Indianapolis apartment community. Verify agreed-upon arrival date, review the requirements for new tenants, and submit any outstanding paperwork.
- Enlist professional movers or sign up for a rental truck. Reserve as soon as possible so that you lock in a date that works best for your schedule.
- Schedule a babysitter or pet sitter for the big day to keep kids and animals safe.
2-4 Weeks Until Your Move: Get Packed
Packing well in advance will keep things more manageable as your day approaches. Place your possessions into one of the following groups: retain, donations, or trash.
- Collect packing materials and boxes.
- Box up things you won’t need right away and purging trash. Always remember to label every box!
- Address any issues you are responsible for in your previous residence to have your full deposit returned.
- Update your renter’s insurance with your new address.
- Fill out a form to change your address and request your mail to be forwarded by the post office.
- Schedule the shifting of your utility services or create new accounts for electric, gas, cable.
- Inform subscription services of your new address.
- Look up where the most convenient dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are in your new community.
1 Week Until Your Move: Make Last-Minute Preparations
The home stretch promises to be a little hectic but thrilling as you get ready to move.
- Reaffirm your moving service or truck rental and provide directions for moving day.
- Box up your final items. Put together items for an overnight bag for the first couple days in your new apartment, and figure out a secure manner to store valuables and important documents to keep close at hand.
- Tidy up your previous apartment while you pack your last things. .
- Obtain your new keys and make a first pass of your new home. Identify and inform management of any visible maintenance problems.
- Plan where your furnishings will best fit within your brand new floor plan.
Your Big Day: Keep Your Checklist Close!
Your day has arrived! It’s likely to get a bit frantic, so keep your Indianapolis apartment moving checklist at hand to keep yourself organized.
- Send pets or kids with caregivers for the day.
- Work with the movers as they pack and unpack the moving van or truck. Tip the movers and submit the last payment.
- Do the last pass of your old apartment.
- Check that you have utilities up and running along with functioning smoke alarms.
- Arrange the basic necessities at your new apartment, like toiletries, beds and sheets, food, and drinks.
Put Touring City's End - Fountain Square Apartments On Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Indianapolis
You have to find a new place before you begin packing. Have you seen City's End - Fountain Square Apartments? Our representatives are ready to give you an on-site or video tour of our beautiful community and will help you determine the ideal apartment layout for you. Make visiting us part of your checklist and dial 463-231-3192 or plan a tour today to see what we have to offer.