Whether it’s spring cleaning season or your Indianapolis apartment simply looks dirty, a thorough cleaning can have it looking its best again. It can be easy to get frustrated when you take on too much at one time. To make tidying up your place more manageable, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis renters.
Your Indianapolis Apartment Cleaning Checklist For All Spaces
Do these jobs in all spaces of your place before tackling individual rooms to save time. Reference this apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis to keep yourself organized.
- Throw away clutter.
- Dust ceilings and any decorative trim.
- Clean places where dust settles like the top of door frames.
- Clean walls and baseboards.
- Wash windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Wash or dust window treatments.
- Disinfect doorknobs.
- Mop or vacuum all flooring and remove stains.
- Dust the blades and all other areas of your ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Living Room Cleaning Checklist
Whether you like hosting get-togethers or sitting alone in a quiet space, get your living room neat and welcoming with a proper cleaning.
- Vacuum and spot-clean furniture. Utilize a hair removal tool if you share your home with furry friends.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Wipe down electronics safely with a microfiber cloth.
- Shine up furniture by polishing.
- Wipe down and sanitize all remotes.
- Make sure essential items like remotes are situated nearby.
Cleaning Checklist for Dining Rooms
The majority of messes in the dining room are from food. When dealing with forgotten food scraps stuck to a surface or floor, put a warm, damp rag above it for a minute to make it easier to remove.
- Brush loose crumbs off your surfaces and spot-clean tacky places.
- Clean chair legs and backs.
- Polish a wood table or employ a glass-cleaning product on your glass furniture.
- Go with a feather duster to address open shelving with breakables or dishes.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
Kitchens are often sticky and smelly from your daily meal prep. You might choose standard cleaners to deal with those greasy stains, but a handful of everyday options can do the job too.
- Wipe off cabinetry with a cloth dampened with soapy water and quickly follow behind with a a clean, slightly dampened cloth].
- Wipe off counters with a cleaning product suitable for the type of counter you have or you might consider white vinegar.
- Scrub your kitchen sink with a paste of baking soda and a bit of water. A little baking soda sprinked down the disposal will aid in removing odors. Wash it away with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn on the dishwasher with a bowl of vinegar on the upper rack. Wipe out inside and out with a clean rag.
- Get a cup of water boiling in the microwave to let the dampened air work on any burned-on food debris. Wipe out with a dampened cloth or sponge.
- You can remove and wash stove drip pans in your sink. Spray the door to your oven and stovetop with a store-bought cleaning solution or a one-to-one mix of vinegar and water and remove remaining stains and food debris.
- Follow the self-cleaning instructions for your oven or simply use baking soda and water to scrub it out.
- Utilize a mild soap or an equal blend of vinegar and water to wipe off the the fridge shelves and interior; follow with a damp cloth. Once done, move the fridge and sweep the floor underneath.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
If you despise dealing with dirty bathrooms, take on these quick jobs daily to keep the bathroom from getting too dirty.
- Wipe off your mirror above the sink with an appropriate cleaning product and a clean cloth.
- Wipe down counters with the right product for your material or vinegar and water on a sponge or cloth.
- Gently wipe cabinets with some soap and water and follow with a a clean cloth.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Wipe off the toilet with disinfectant or vinegar.
- Wash off the tub and shower with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Indianapolis
You’ll feel more rested when your bedroom’s clean!
- Tidy up or reorganize your closet.
- Use a duster for flat surfaces, lamps, and knick-knacks.
- Routinely wash the sheets.
- Grab any errant dirty clothes and throw them in the hamper.
- Utilize a vacuum attachment to dust under the bed.
Find A Spacious Apartment At City's End - Fountain Square Apartments
A dirt-free place to live adds to your comfort, but sometimes you need a new apartment instead. Check out the dazzling, spacious apartments at City's End. Call our leasing agents at 463-231-3192 or arrange a tour to view your options.