How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Indianapolis
Remote work is the new way of life for numerous employees, whether you occupy a multi-bedroom house or a one-bedroom apartment. If you reside in the latter, you won’t enjoy the bonus of an additional bedroom to claim as your home office, but you may still create a suitable workspace. Follow these simple suggestions and discover how to make a home office in a small apartment in Indianapolis.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In IndianapolisIncorporating a home office in your apartment in Indianapolis doesn’t need to be difficult or pricey. Here are some tips to keep in mind when fashioning your own.
- Select an appropriate desk. Choosing an appropriately sized desk to accommodate your room is important. If you’re using a laptop, the desk only has to extend from the wall about 20 inches. Your work surface should be around 28 inches off the floor and may be any width that makes sense for your space. Make sure you have space for an additional monitor. You'll be glad you have it when you have spreadsheets up, a conference call going, and various other windows open. Really short on square footage? Choose a two-tier collapsible desk you can stow away when it’s not in use.
- Where could your desk go? If you can put your desk into a corner, wonderful! But you may have to get more creative when positioning. A slim desk might be moved right behind a sofa. You could incorporate a small rug and table lamp to help define the location as your home office. An empty wall on one side of a room will also work. Put up some art or keep a plant on your desk so you aren’t staring at a blank wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk serve a dual role. If you’re short on space, employ your desk for multiple functions. Put it next to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or don’t use a desk at all and work from your bartop or dining room table.
- Install floating shelves. These home office add-ons work nicely when your desk is next to a wall. You’ll have additional area for whatever you need and can easily blend shelving into your room’s specific aesthetic.
Need Something Different? Consider The Clubhouse Or A Standing DeskYour apartment community may have a clubhouse with a coffee bar or office equipment as one of its assortment of amenities. In the event you tire of staring at the same four walls, carry your computer over to the clubhouse to mix things up. The majority will have an array of chairs and tables that will function admirably as interim workspaces.
Interested in an alternative in your own space? Incorporate a compact standing desk to alter your perspective and improve blood flow. An affordable foldable laptop stand may help get your computer at the right height.
Here are some extra space-conserving items you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Indianapolis:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that works nicely under your desk
- Small storage compartments you can stick to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud roommates and children
Design Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At City's End - Fountain Square Apartments
Your home office will look marvelous in your new apartment at City's End - Fountain Square Apartments. We have a range of floor plans available to accommodate your living and working needs. Request a tour of our Indianapolis property or contact us at 463-231-3192 if you need more information.